Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

Once a fortnight we set a new challenge which will begin on a Sunday and close at midday on the Saturday before the next challenge. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted separately on Sunday just before the new challenge is posted so scroll down to check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 22 June 2014

Challenge #13 It's A Quirky Stencil and/or Masks Challenge!

 Hi Quirky Guys! Lyn here. For those of you who would like to know who won the last challenge click HERE or scroll down to the  post below. Are you ready for another Quirky Challenge? It's Gemma's turn to set the theme, but she's having a bit of time out, so I'm here telling you all about it! It's simple! We would love to see your crafty creations using a Stencil or Stencils to create maybe your background, or the main picture or anything you like using any crafting medium you like and/or a Mask! Make a mask! Use a stamped image or a digi wearing a mask, use some backing paper with masks on it,  or do a bit of masking, it's completely up to you. We have some fabulous sponsors for this challenge with some fantastic prizes!

  Our First Prize is sponsored by
Paper Pretties
Paper Pretties
the winner will receive six images of your choice

Second prize is sponsored by 
Limited Runs 
Limited Runs
with 3 images of your choice
and the
Third prize is sponsored by
Robyn's Fetish 

Robyn's Fetish
with 1 digi image of your choice!

Sadly we are saying goodbye to Doris, she has decided that it is time to go. We will miss her lots and her wonderful projects and challenges. Good luck in the future Doris, and we hope to see you entering our challenges and keeping in touch!

Here's some inspiration from our Guest Designers:


Susanne used Alexandree from Limited Runs on her great tag and...

....Cooper Bathtime from Paper Pretties with a fabulous splash and bubble background and Susanne said "I created a bookmark and a page for a mini album. I used stencils from The Crafters Workshop and also one of Tim Holtz."

Fliss features Hannah from Limited Runs and said "I’ve used a Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 Stencil For Art called Never Enough Hearts with Distress inks round the corners of my background paper which I made with an ink applicator and Distress inks."
and Graffitti from Paper Pretties, Fliss said "I used a homemade rainbow stencil and used Distress inks. It was inspired by the sentiment which came with the set."


And from our Design Team....



I used Emily with Huggle from Limited Runs. I coloured her with Promarkers, masked her and airbrushed the background with a Memory Box stencil also with Promarkers. I will have another card to show you soon using a Paper Pretties image. The sentiment is by Penny Black, how do you wrap a hug?





For my card, I made a stencil with regular acetate cut with my Cameo. I used the Studio software settings to cut "stencil silhouette brand" and it works fine with regular acetate. Then I made a background with two coats of Twinkling H2O´s -I used mediterranean and teal zircon colors- and a final coat with Guesso.


This is a closer look of the background and the lovely "Nadia" provided by our sponsor Limited Runs. I colored Nadia with Spectrum Noir and add a 3d touch with pattern paper in her body.


Lyn
 
Here's my make, I've used Super Cooper from Paper Pretties (for my mask) and, a bit of a cheat...for my stencil, I've used 'Top Secret' freebie font  which looks like a stencil!
 
Inside there's a little place to add some birthday money and I've added  circle to add some birthday wishes.
That's it! Looking forward to seeing all your creations!

 Please add a link to your blog post (not your blog) or your online photo gallery, SCS etc. using the button below.



Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely creations by the DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the challenge.
    My first time here.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a fun challenge...
    Had fun making the card !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had fun with this one thank you. Does anybody else think the mermaid looks like Marina, from Stingray!

    ReplyDelete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.